Caribbean Quilt Cruise
Sorry this itinerary has been cancelled.
7-night Western Caribbean Quilt Cruise
New Orleans through the Western Caribbean
March 27 – April 3, 2016
Cruising, Friends, Fun and Quilting!
Quilting Fun at Sea
with Michele Crawford
$350 per person
- Souvenir tote bag designed by Michele
- Three different quilt classes: Scrappy Carpenter Star, Summer Posies, and Crumb Quilting
- Skill level: Advanced Beginner to Intermediate
- Kits for all 3 projects include pattern, thread, and fabric for the top and binding
- Professional and friendly Instructions, demonstrations, tips and techniques!
- Power point quilt presentations to inspire you!
- A special trunk show of Michele’s original quilts
- Lots of door prizes and surprises!
- Daily chances to win quilts designed by Michele!
- Classes are taken on days “at sea” so no port time is missed
- Brother XR1355 computerized quilting and sewing machines are provided
- Classroom is open 24/7 so there is plenty of time for sewing! You can “quilt til ya wilt!”
- Bring: rotary cutter, several sizes of clear rulers, an 18 x 24” cutting mat, basic sewing supplies, and a desire to have quilting fun!
Summer Posies Quilt
Carpenter's Star Quilt
Balcony: $680 + $257.64 port charges and tax = $937.64 per person. Gratuities = $12 per day per person
Note: Inside staterooms, ocean view staterooms and suites can be booked based on availability
$250 deposit per person due at the time of booking. Payment arrangements for balance is available.
Travel to and from New Orleans: You will be responsible for getting to and from New Orleans, LA.
Come a day or two early, and make it a stress free start to your cruise!
Before the 7 day cruise, discover New Orleans, one of the world’s most fascinating cities! A true melting pot of various cultures, food, and music influenced by Europe, Africa and the Caribbean! Come experience shopping, various music venues, incredible food, museums, historic buildings, and a carriage ride in the French Quarter. You’ll find a unique and exciting experience around every corner!
Spend a relaxing night at the historic Four Points by Sheraton French Quarter in the heart and soul of New Orleans. Being on Bourbon Street, you will be within steps of world famous sights and attractions!
* Special hotel rate of $169 (plus taxes) for 2 guests per night before and after the cruise.
Join us on Saturday, March 26
- Enjoy beignets (French Creole pastry) for breakfast at Café Du Monde – the original French Market coffee stand since 1862
- Bus tour to two quilt stores in New Orleans – Mes Amis and The Quilted Owl with special activities at each store
- Boxed lunch
- Carriage ride through the French Quarter
- Dinner in the French Quarter (location to be determined)
Sunday, March 27 – Easter Sunday
You are free to explore New Orleans, Carnival Dream departs at 4 p.m.
Monday, March 28: Sewing Day at Sea
Tuesday, March 29: Sewing Day at Sea
Wednesday, March 30:
1st port of call - Montego Bay, Jamaica
Time to explore! Commonly referred to as “MoBay”, this historic city has crystal clear water and white sandy beaches including the famous sheltered Doctor’s Cave beach. Lots of shopping downtown where you can experience the “real” Jamaica or view the interesting architecture, and historic buildings. Various companies offer scuba diving, swimming, snorkeling, boat rides and kite surfing adventures while visiting this island.
Thursday, March 31:
2nd port of call - Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Popular attractions include the Cayman Islands National Museum; Rum Point; Pedro St. James; Bodden Town, the first capital of the Cayman Islands; Cayman Turtle Farm; and the National’s Trusts Mastic Trail, a 2 mile traditional footpath through unspoiled woodlands. With sand stretching as far as the eye can see, Grand Cayman’s Seven Mile Beach is often rated as one of the most beautiful beaches in all the Caribbean - and the least populated. Along with duty-free shopping on a variety of signature brands, there are many local vendors and craftsmen offering local treasures to entice you on your Cayman Islands shopping trip.
Friday, April 1:
3rd port of call - Cozumel, Mexico
The heart of San Miguel, Cozumel’s only town, is the plaza where families gather Sunday nights to stroll, snack, and dance to live music around the central kiosko, or bandstand. Stroll along the white sand beaches or go snorkeling with iridescent fish at the Chankanaab National Park. Besides shopping or trying various restaurants, you can even swim with the dolphins at two dolphinariums! Rent a car or scooter and visit the Mayan ruins! Go para-sailing, kite surfing or visit a tourist submarine.
Saturday, April 2: Sewing Day at Sea
Sunday, April 3: Arrive in New Orleans at 8 a.m.