Create a Scrappy Hexagon Quilt – Heart or Easter Egg
* Skill Level: Beginner > Intermediate (for EPP)
* You must know how to accurately measure; use a rotary cutter; and know how to sew an accurate 1/4″
seam on your sewing machine.
* Class Length: 3 hours (handwork is done in class while the project is finished with a sewing machine at home).
* Class available as Live or Virtual
Slow down, relax, and use your fabric stash to create hand sewn hexagons! Michele will teach you a quick and easy way to create the ever popular English Paper Pieced (EPP) hexagons! Learn how to sew them together with a flatback stitch to make either a Heart or Egg! Michele will teach you how to complete each quilt; and use small seed beads (if desired). * Decide whether you want to make the heart or egg quilt in class, but Michele will show you how to make each of these quilts! The Heart quilt has several borders plus binding; and finishes at 14 1/2″ x 15 1/2″ while the Easter Egg has one main border plus binding; a hand appliqued and embroidered bow; and finishes at 15″ x 16 1/2″. Both great additions to your holiday decorating!
* Please note that this is a FUN, stress free technique class; and the project will not be finished in class.