Explore the World of English Paper Piecing: Curved Shapes
* Skill level: This is not for beginners; and some hand sewing experience with EPP shapes is required.
* Class length: 3 hours
* Class available as Live or Virtual
Curved shapes (with names like clam shell and apple core) provide an interesting “twist” and challenge to stitching in EPP.
Project 1, learn how to hand sew 4 clam shells, then hand appliqué them to a base fabric to form a flower with a fabric circle in the center.
Project 2, Michele will teach you how to make individual apple cores from fabric; and then sew the apple cores together to make a mug rug.
In Project 3, six Hex Dens will be sewn separately; and then sewn around a center hexagon to form a flower.
Comments from Michele’s students at Road to CA 2019:
* “For being a new teacher, I think she did well, very well.”
* “She is positive and very kind.”
* “She is very friendly and helpful.”
* “Learned curves – very excited to finally be a confident, curved EPP’er.”
Comments from Michele’s students at the Houston Quilt Festival 2019:
* “Enjoyed the class!”
* “Good teacher. Very patient!”
* “I thoroughly enjoyed this class! Michele has such a calm demeanor which makes learning so pleasant! Great job!”
* “The class was very interesting. I enjoyed learning new ways to paper piece. Michele was very nice.”
* “I am an experienced English paper piecer, but I learned even more!”
* “I learned a lot.
* “Great class.”
* “Great class – it’s just not something I will do a lot. Teacher was great!”
Comment from Michele’s student at A Mountain Quiltfest 2020:
* “I’m glad I took your class in working with curved shapes. I would have never attempted the Applecore without your instruction. You made it easy.”
Note: This show unfortunately did not have evaluation sheets for their classes. This particular student emailed me on the Facebook “English Paper Piecing” group.