Explore the World of English Paper Piecing: Diamonds
* Skill level: All – some hand sewing experience will be helpful.
* Class length: 3 hours
* Class available as Live or Virtual
* Virtual class is for instruction only. All supplies provided by the student. The project won’t be finished in class.
Diamonds, a “girl’s best friend”, are an interesting shape to sew by itself or connect with a triangle!
In Project 1, learn the basic skill in how to hand sew 6 diamonds, sew them together to make a star, and then add 6 connecting diamonds to make a hexagon.
In Project 2, Michele will teach you how to sew 4 small diamonds together to make a larger diamond, and then sew 6 large diamonds together to make a star.
In Project 3, learn how to sew 3 diamonds together to make a “baby block”, then sew 6 equilateral triangles to the blocks to connect them.
Find the virtual class supply list.
Comments from Michele’s students at Road to CA 2019:
* “Very calm teaching style.”
* “Michele always teaches a wonderful class! This was my 3rd class with her and each one is better than the last!”
* “Nice personal instruction, Michele walked to each table and helped each student many times.”
* “Well prepared and organized.”
* “She was very clear and paid attention to each student.”
Comments from Michele’s students at the Houston Quilt Festival 2019:
* “Great topic for class – allows someone to try out EPP and see if they enjoy it.”
* “This was great for a student with NO English paper piecing experience.”
* “I enjoyed the class very much.”
* “Great class.”
* “Good class! Michele is a very well-prepared instructor and offered many useful tips on EPP.”