Explore the World of English Paper Piecing: Hexagons
* Skill level: All – some hand sewing experience will be helpful.
* Class length: 3 hours
* Class available as Live or Virtual.
* Virtual class is a technique class and project will not be completed in class.
In Project 2, Michele will teach you a “twist” on a hexies, and how to make a diamonds plus after the design is sewn together, it can be appliqued to a base fabric.
In Project 3, learn how to sew hexagons and triangles together to make a star.
Please use whatever colors of 100% cotton fabric. Make sure there is contrast between the fabrics. The fabrics/colors noted in the Supply List and samples are for reference only. I recommend the paper templates from www.paperpieces.com (270-534-5475 CST).
* Please note that this is a FUN, stress free technique class so the projects will not be finished in class.
For Project 1:
– Nineteen 1” hexagon paper templates (link to paper pieces)
– Nineteen 2 1/2” fabric squares (6 of color #1, 6 of color #2, 7 of color #3)
*red, blue and tan fabrics used in sample
For Project 2:
– One 1” hexagon paper template (link to paper pieces)
– Twelve 1” half hexagon paper templates (link to paper pieces)
– Six 1” 6-point diamond paper templates (link to paper pieces)
– One 2 1/2” fabric square (color #1)
*blue on white tiny print used in sample
– Twelve 1 5/8” x 2 3/4” fabric strips (6 of color #2, 6 of color #3)
*blue print and navy mottled used in sample
– Six 1 1/2” x 2 1/4” fabric strips (6 of color #1)
* blue on white tiny print used in sample
For Project 3:
– Eight 1” hexagon paper templates (link to paper pieces)
– Twelve 1” equilateral triangle paper templates (link to paper pieces)
– Eight 2 1/2″ fabric squares (see photo for suggestions)
*bright mottled colors were used in sample
– Twelve 2 1/4″ fabric squares (see photo for suggestions)
*white tonal was used in sample
– Hand sewing needle that is comfortable for you
– Basting thread – 1 spool of any color of 100% cotton thread
– Sewing thread – 1 spool of medium to light grey
– One water soluble fabric glue pen (no craft glue, please) (link to pen)
– Small sharp pair of scissors
– Small rotary cutter, 1” x 6” acrylic ruler, and small cutting mat
If needed or desired: 3 mini clips, thimble, portable light, magnifying glass and/or bifocals.
Please contact Michele Crawford email@example.com
Comments from Michele’s students at Road to CA 2019:
* “Very patient and well prepared.”
* “This is a great teacher.”
* “Great explanation, thorough!”
* “Helpful, friendly!”
* “Very informative and encouraging.
Comments from Michele’s students at the Houston Quilt Festival 2019:
* “Fantastic learning experience.”
* “Great at explanation and examples. Very student centered. Totally enjoyed class.”
* “Thank you for being patient with my tardiness! You were amazing and very helpful with my questions.”
* “The class was really informative and fun!”
* “The class covered more than hexagons, which was great, but it isn’t obvious in the description.”
* “Enjoyed the class very much. I have never done EPP and the speed was good for me. Wish I could have stayed longer.”
* “Super instructor! Would love more classes from her.”
* “Thank you, Michele, I enjoyed the class.”