Lucy Boston – Patchwork of the Crosses
* Skill level: Advanced Beginner > Intermediate (for EPP)
* This class is not for EPP beginners, and those attending need to have EPP experience.
* Class length: 3 hours
* Class available as Live or Virtual
There are MANY different shapes that are used in creating designs with fabric and thread in EPP! Michele will teach you how to create the infamous Lucy Boston (a.k.a. Patchwork of the Crosses) design using honeycombs in 2 different variations of fabric and color; and how the block goes together (with the squares). The “magic” of this block is how to use and fussy cut specific fabric (prints, stripes, etc.) to make this block pop!
Michele will teach you the flatback stitch; and how to use cardstock and/or freezer paper templates. The use of Color Value to make sections of the block recede or move forward will be discussed using a short power point program for inspiration. Directions will also include how to create a nine block wall hanging using 9 completed blocks.
Find the virtual class supply list here.
Comments from Michele’s students at Road to California 2020:
* “Michele was good about emailing before the class.”
* “Michele was very thorough.”
* “Yes, I am taking her EPP lecture. Very informative.”
* ” Great instruction & demo.”
* “Learning the flatback stitch will enhance my EPP.”
* “Thorough, knowledgeable.”
* “Great handout with good class instructions; Michele has great examples! I learned a whole new better way of stitching.”
* “I learned hot to flatback stitch. She is a great teacher.”
* “I am more motivated to EPP than ever before.”
* “She kindly took the time to stay at the end of the class to demonstrate the technique as I was late to class.”
Comment from Michele’s student at A Mountain Quiltfest 2020:
* “I am really enjoying this new addiction! And I can’t even see my stitches on the top! Thanks so much for the class and the great instructions!”
Note: This show unfortunately did not have evaluation sheets for their classes. This particular student emailed me privately.