Mixing English Paper Piecing Shapes: Rose Star
* Skill level: Advanced Beginner > Intermediate (for EPP)
* This class is not for EPP beginners, and those attending need to have EPP experience.
* Class length: 3 hours
* Class available as Live or Virtual
Once you get hooked on EPP, you will discover that there are MANY different shapes that are used in creating designs with fabric and
thread. Michele will teach you how to create a hexagon, kit, half kite, and a hexagon third so that when these pieces are sewn together like a puzzle, you will create a variation of a Rose Star.
Michele will teach you the flatback stitch; and how to use cardstock and/or freezer paper templates. The use of Color Value to make sections of the block recede or move forward will be discussed using a short power point program for inspiration.
Directions will also include how to hand applique the finished design to create a pillow top.
Find the virtual class supply list.
Comments from Michele’s students at Road to California 2020:
* “I learned so much.”
* “She was very thorough.”
* “I learned what I wanted to know. Able to learn a new technique (flatback stitch).”
* “Enjoyed it very much.”
* “Very good teacher – very clear + concise presentation.”