Scrappy Apple Core Quilt
* Skill Level: Advanced Beginner > Intermediate
* This class is not for EPP beginners, and those attending need to have EPP experience.
* You must know how to accurately measure; use a rotary cutter; and know how to sew an accurate 1/4″
seam on your sewing machine.
* Class Length: 3 hours (handwork is done in class while the project is finished with a sewing machine at home).
* Class available as Live or Virtual
There is so much more to English Paper Piecing (EPP) than hexagons! Learning how to create, and hand sew curved EPP shapes together with practice will open a whole new world! Michele will teach you how to create the infamous Apple Core plus how to sew them together with a flatback stitch! She will also teach you how to hand applique the apple core center; sew the border on; how to machine quilt; and bind the 17″ x 17″ scrappy apple core quilt.
* Please note that this is a FUN, stress free technique class; and the project will not be finished in class.
Please use whatever colors of 100% cotton fabric. Make sure there is contrast between the fabrics. The fabrics/colors noted in the Supply List and samples are for reference only. I recommend the paper templates from paperpieces.com (270-534-5475 CST)
* Please note that this is a FUN, stress free technique class so the projects will not be finished in class.
Finished quilt size: 17 1/4″ x 17 1/4”
– Forty-nine 2” apple core paper templates (1 small pack) (link to paper pieces)
– Forty-nine 2 1/4” x 2 3/4″ assorted strips of fabric (apple cores)
– Fifty-two 1 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ assorted strips of fabric (outer border)
– 3/8 yard of fabric (quilt center + frame border)
– 1/6 yard of fabric (binding)
– 23” x 23” piece of fabric (quilt back)
– 23” x 23” piece of cotton batting
– Sewing thread to match
– Rotary cutter, ruler (1” x 6”, 3” x 12” and/or 4” x 14”), and cutting mat
– Basic sewing supplies
– Sewing machine with an accurate 1/4” foot
– Hand sewing needle that is comfortable for you
– Basting thread – 1 spool of any color of 100% cotton thread
– One water soluble fabric glue pen (no craft glue, please) (link to pen)
– Paper tape (Nexcare – purchase in a pharmacy) (Target) (Walmart) (Walgreens)
– Small sharp pair of scissors
IF needed or desired: 3 mini clips, thimble, portable light, magnifying glass and/or bifocals.
Please contact Michele Crawford firstname.lastname@example.org