Twisted Scrappy Hexagon Mini Quilt
* Skill Level: Advanced Beginner > Intermediate (for EPP)
* You must know how to accurately measure; use a rotary cutter; and know how to sew an accurate 1/4”
seam on your sewing machine.
* Class Length: 3 hours (handwork is done in class while the project is finished with a sewing machine at home).
* Class available as Live or Virtual
Slow down, relax, and use your fabric stash to create an English Paper Pieced twisted hexagon using a 1 1/2″ full and half hexagons! Michele will teach you how to sew them together with a flatback stitch; how to hand applique them to the quilt center; and to complete this 15 ½” x 19 ½” quilt or runner!
* Please note that this is a FUN, stress free technique class; and the project will not be finished in class.
Finished quilt size: 15 1/2″ x 19 1/2″
Please use whatever colors of 100% cotton fabric. Make sure there is contrast between the fabrics. The fabrics/colors noted in the Supply List and samples are for reference only. I recommend the paper templates from paperpieces.com (270-534-5475 CST) * Please note that this is a FUN, stress free technique class so the projects will not be finished in class.
– Six 1 1/2″ hexagon paper templates (link to paper pieces)
– Thirty-six 1 1/2″ half hexagon paper templates (link to paper pieces)
– Six 4” fabric squares *red and green plaid on ecru used in the sample
– Thirty-six 2 1/8” x 3 3 3/4″ fabric strips (18 of color #1, 18 of color #2) *red and green Christmas prints used in sample
– One 13 1/2″ x 17 1/2″ fabric rectangle (quilt center) *mottled ecru used in sample
– 1/6 yard fabric (outer border) *white dots on red used in sample
– 1/6 yard fabric (binding) *ecru Christmas print used in sample
– One 20” x 25” fabric rectangle (quilt back)
– One 20” x 25” piece of cotton batting
– Sewing thread – to match and/or coordinate with the fabric
– Rotary cutter, ruler and cutting mat
– Basic sewing supplies
– Sewing machine with an accurate 1/4” foot
– Hand sewing needle that is comfortable for you
– Basting thread – 1 spool of any color of 100% cotton thread
– One water soluble fabric glue pen (no craft glue, please) (link to pen)
– Paper tape (Nexcare – purchase in a pharmacy) (Target) (Walmart) (Walgreens)
– Small sharp pair of scissors
IF needed or desired: 3 mini clips, thimble, portable light, magnifying glass and/or bifocals.
Please contact Michele Crawford firstname.lastname@example.org