* Skill level: Intermediate
* Class length: 3 or 6 hours
* Class available as Live or Virtual
* Virtual class is 3 hours. Makes one sample block during class, along with a Q&A. Pattern will be provided.
* In person class is 3-6 hours. All in-person students will need to purchase the pattern for this class.
Who doesn’t love flowers? And, making this quilt will provide students with a beautiful flower garden to bloom all year! Each student will choose their flower colors (solids, tonals or prints), and create their template free flowers using quick corners; and 1″ wide strips to make a 9″ finished block. Students will learn how to set blocks on point and how to add the connecting triangles to make the quilt center. An outer border is added to make the 54″ square quilt top.
It’s a great idea to make a sample block before making the actual quilt! You will be making one 9 1/2″ x 9 1/2” flower block square as a sample block before you cut and sew the entire quilt. IF you need help measuring and cutting your fabric for the actual quilt, I can help you!
For one block to make in class, you will need to cut:
– Four 4 3/4″ squares (flower petals) – your choice of color
– Four 1 1/4″ squares (flower center) – your choice of color
– Two 1” x 1 1/4″ strips, and one 1” x 2 ½” strip (flower center) – your choice of color
– Twelve 1 1/2″” squares (outer corners of the flower) – white
– Four 1” x 4” strips (center “split” between petals) – white
Materials List for the ENTIRE Quilt (54” x 54” finished square)
* Please feel free to choose other colors for your flowers if desired.
* The colors of fabric noted in the Materials List and Cutting Directions refer to the fabric used in the sample quilt in photo. Please use whatever fabric and colors you want!
– 1/4 yard of mottled brown
– 1/2 yard of mottled yellow
– 1/2 yard of mottled raspberry
– 2/3 yard of mottled orange
– 7/8 yard of mottle purple
– 7/8 yard of mottled blue
– 1 1/2 yards of white tonal
– 60” x 60” piece of backing (will not need for class)
– 60” x 60” piece of batting (will not need for class)
– Thread (100% cotton) – color to match or a medium grey
– Rotary cutter, ruler and cutting mat
– Sewing machine