Skill level: All – must know how to use a rotary cutter, and sew a 1/4″ seam.
Class length: 3 hours
* Class available as Live or Virtual
* Virtual class will teach crumb technique only, the project won’t be finished in class.
What DO you do with all those leftover scraps? Be frugal and thrifty by recycling your scraps! A totally FUN and creative class using the smallest scraps; (strips, squares, trimmed triangles, or wonky shapes and sizes, etc.) that you have – the ones you usually throw away because you don’t know what to do with them!
This is stress free quilting at its finest! Students will be piecing (crazily, that is) 4 1/2″ squares to make a sashed and bordered 25″ square wall hanging.
– 1/2 to a full part of a brown grocery bag full of all different sizes of 100% cotton fabric scraps – cut them if needed so there is at least 3/4″ on all sides! You can mix 1/4 yard cuts, fat quarters, jelly rolls, charm packs, leftover binding or pieced blocks or borders,1/8 yard cuts, and large scraps depending on how scrappy you want your quilt to be! A variety of fabrics including florals, graphics, geometrics, calicoes, novelties, stripes, dots, checks, batiks, plaids, solids, neutrals, paisleys, and tonals in different colors, scale and value! Yes, you can even use the “butt ugly” ones, too!
– Sewing thread: 100% cotton thread to match – medium grey works best for piecing
– Rotary Cutter, 1” x 6” and a 5” or 6” square or a 4” x 14” acrylic ruler, and cutting mat
– Basic sewing supplies
– Sewing machine
You will need these items to finish the class project, but will not need them for the class:
* yardage based on a 40” width
– 1/8 yard of dark or light fabric – solid or tonal (connecting squares) *white used in the sample
– 1/4 yard of dark or light – solid or tonal (sashing and frame border) *black used in the sample
– 1/4 yard of dark or light (binding) *red print used in the sample
– 1/3 yard of medium fabric (outer border) *blue tonal used in the sample
– 30” square (backing)
– 30” square cotton batting
– Clear Monofilament (for machine quilting)
– Hand quilting thread (if desired)
Please contact Michele Crawford email@example.com
Comments from Michele’s students at Quilt Festival in Houston 2019:
* “I will take another class with Michele.”
* “WONDERFUL Class! Great FUN! Challenging to ‘let go’ but glad I did!”
* “Michele was wonderful in spite of having to change classrooms at the last minute, and set up in a hurry. Very enjoyable and fun class!”
* “FUN class that me operate outside of my comfort zone.”
* “Awesome class. Love using my scraps!”
* “Thank you for your kindness and patience!””