Skill level: Advanced Beginner
Class length: 3 or 6 hours
* Class Available as Live or Virtual
* Virtual class is 3 hours and is a demonstration and Q&A. The project won’t be completed in class.
This is a scrap bustin’ and scrap lover’s delight class! You will need to dig through your stash for 66 different 12″ squares plus a contrasting fabric. Michele will show you how to cut, piece and sew the 8″ x 8″ finished square quilt blocks for the large quilt; and then use the “leftovers” to create 2 more projects – a small quilt and a pillow.
* This is a technique class, and students will not complete all of the blocks needed for all 3 projects in this class. The goal is for students to complete 3 – 4 blocks for each of the projects in class.
This design is based on the premise that if you are cutting and making the 66 8” square blocks for the Large Quilt, then you will have enough fabric leftover to make the Table Topper and Pillow. In order to make this project work out mathematically, we will review accurate measuring and cutting techniques for the rest of the pieces/blocks in class.
This is a technique class! We will not complete all of the blocks needed for all 3 projects in this class. The goal is for you to complete four to six 8” x 8” square blocks.
FOR THE CLASS:
– Cut twelve different 12” x 12” squares of fabric (out of the 66 that you will need for all 3 projects). * You can bring the rest of the 12” squares IF you so desire.
– BRING the yardage for FABRIC A as noted below. We will cut this in class.
Note: For Fabric A, please choose whatever color background or “connecting” fabric you would like, but the pattern and samples refer to this fabric as black.
For the Large Quilt
– 3 yards of Fabric A (black) – for blocks and border
– Sixty-six 12” x 12” squares of fabric (blocks) – your choice – scrappy or coordinated! *There will be enough fabric leftover to make the blocks for both the Table Topper and Pillow
– Nine assorted 2” x 42” strips of fabric (scrappy binding) – (you will not need this for the class)
– 68” x 108” piece of backing (you will not need this for the class)
– 68” x 108” piece of batting (you will not need this for the class)
For the Table Topper
– 1 yard of Fabric A (black) – for blocks and border
– Four assorted 2” x 42” strips of fabric (scrappy binding) – (you will not need this for the class)
* To complete the Table Topper, you will need the batting and backing (but not for the class)
For the Pillow
– 1/2 yard of Fabric A (black) – blocks
* To complete the pillow, there will be a list of other items in the pattern (but you will not need these for the class)
– One large spool of 100% cotton thread to match your Fabric A
– Rotary cutter, ruler (at least a 6” x 14” ruler) and cutting mat
– Basic sewing supplies
Please contact Michele Crawford email@example.com