Spontaneous Log Cabin
* Skill level: All – must know how to use a rotary cutter, and sew a 1/4″ seam.
* Class length: 3 hours
* Class Available as Live or Virtual
*Virtual Class will only be a technique lesson. The project won’t be completed in class.
Let’s have FUN with your scraps! This is a stress free way to create a FABULOUS scrappy log cabin block (12″ x 12″ square or 15″ x 15″ square finished) in a creative non-traditional way. Make your squares from the same color family OR in light/medium/dark fabrics. Discussion on how to make 7 different quilt sizes with this block.
Find the virtual class supply list.
> 60+ assorted scraps and strips (combination of 2″ ‐ 4″ squares, and 1 1/2″ ‐ 3″ wide strips x 21″ long (various colors, textures, prints) – the more the merrier!
* Make your squares from the same color family OR in light/medium/dark fabrics.
* Note: Have more squares/strips if desired as we will make 3 – 4 blocks in class.
> One spool of 100% cotton thread ‐ neutral color
– This is a SUPER way to use up spools of thread so any color that you have will be fine.
> Rotary cutter (with a new blade)
> Acrylic rulers ‐ 1″ x 6″; and 5″ or 6″ square); and a 4″ x 14″ – whatever you have
> Cutting mat
> Basic sewing supplies
> Sewing machine in good working order with a new sewing machine needle
Please contact Michele Crawford email@example.com
Comments from Michele’s students at Road to CA 2018:
* “This was a fun, non-stressful, enjoyable class – especially one at the end of a long day. Perfect!”
* “Very good teacher!”
* “Well written instructions + instructor participation with students; creative class.”
* “Teacher was very thorough in explanation of class; gave individual attention as needed.”
* “Teacher was very helpful; helping on a one-to-one basis was great.”
* “Very encouraging.”
* “Michele did a good job of getting around to all of the students during class.”
* “Great hand out – will be good to refer to at home. Good one on one attention.”
* “Learned a new way to use scraps.”
* “I loved learning new ways to make scrappy quilts.”
* “Class was interesting. Not my kind of class – I need more order to my quilting.”
* “Really had be thinking out of the box.”
* “It was relaxing and easy.”
* “Fun, non-stressful. This was my second class with Michele.”
* “Michele made learning fun & free.”